Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 October 2007

~*~ Where Do I Put It ? ~*~




Making small objects is very rewarding but what do you do with them when they're finished? Lucy Locket asked me what I was intending to do with my "strippy triangles" doll quilt. Some of my dollies are sitting on it, of course !!!

Last winter, Calum asked me to knit him a pair of fingerless gloves. Fingerless was required so constant fiddling with phones and ipods was not impeded.
I found a Rowan pattern and bought some gorgeous 4ply Scottish Tweed Rowan wool from Liberty's in Regent Street.Calum loved these gloves and Alex got a pair too.
Unfortunately both pairs are now missing and as the weather gets colder Calum's digits are suffering.He has started hinting ( heavily), for a new pair.

Luckily ? I bought a few extra balls of wool, as you do !!!, so I am going to embark on some new gloves. Should I attach a string to go through the arms??

A big THANK-YOU for all the good wishes and kind comments about my poorly foot. It looks like a peeling red onion !
I would not advocate scalding your foot but being housebound for a short time gives you lots of sewing time and also the children love all the cooking and baking that gets done.

2 comments:

Knot Garden said...

Love all your dolls! I've got the pattern for the snow lady in the left of your pics. One of my daughters used to collect snowmen so I used to make them for her.
It was lucky that you bought that extra wool.

Anonymous said...

i love the imagery of

'a peeling red onion !'

x x x x V x x x x