Saturday, 22 September 2007
~*~ Chickens and Roses ~*~
Margaret, one of the FQ sewing group, had another trial with her incubator. I took 6 eggs to class but we found that one was cracked. 5 were put in the incubator and Margaret made up the numbers with some free-range eggs she bought from the butchers!!
Would you believe it the "butchers" eggs hatched!!! and here they are- Verity and I are having to hand rear them cos my hens won't have anything to do with them but Margaret has done a brilliant job over the last 2 weeks and both are strong and healthy.
The children are looking after me and I am sitting with my leg elevated. I have managed to finish the "Tilda" rose. I had a first attempt with felt but the result I got was not soft and fluid enough, I am quite pleased with my 20's fabric version and Caroline,I pinched your idea of using pinking shears for the leaves.