Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 July 2007

~*~ Alington House Quilters,Durham ~*~



Drove across to Durham this morning for a super exhibition by a local group.Quite by chance I met up with Dawn outside and we went round the show together.
Upstairs there was a room dedicated to Amy Emms and some of her original Durham quilting projects and hand-drawn templates.
My favourite quilt of the show was an outstanding Sampler Quilt,the workmanship was awesome





Retail therapy was provided by The Fat Quarters,Kim had set out a beautiful array of fabrics, books ,notions etc.Just time for tea and fairy cakes served in funky pyrex!!

2 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Hi Helen, I made it over to Allington House after 3pm today for a quick visit - and of course a bit of retail therapy with Kim for myself too! I really loved the postage stamp quilts - I may even get round to posting some pictures of them on my blog sometime!!! I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to meet up - we will have to arrange something soon. Lucy

The Fat Quarters said...

Hi Helen
Loved the photo of the cups!!!!!!!
Unfortunately Mrs Simpsons quilt did not win (the one in you photo) I will be putting photos etc on my blog this week when we get the shop back together.