Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 November 2007

~*~ Technical Problem please do not adjust your set ~*~


My computer had to be returned to the mother-ship last weekend for urgent maintenence work but we're back and raring to go again.

Set off on a cold Friday morning, far to early on a non work day, to the Knitting and Stitching show at Harrogate. I was pleasantly surprised ; the show was good !!!!
3 large exhibition halls of every knitting,embroidary, felting, beading and crafting supplies that you could possibly need and there were also a couple of patchwork and quilting stands.

Fortified with tea and a bacon buttie after our 2 hour journey, we met up with Kim and Genevieve on the Fat Quarters stand. Kim had borrowed a few of my bits and bobs which are lurking in the background on the stand.

In the afternoon, Margaret, Janet and I went for a mooch around Harrogate. It was bright and sunny and there are some great shops.The afternoon finished with tea in "Betty's" and the summoning of the cake trolley !!!!
This is Margaret perusing the menu !!
Dawn, we all missed you and hope you are on the mend.



I was very restrained and just had a little "fancy"



Back on the bus at 5pm, the journey home took a lot longer as there had been 2 nasty accidents on the A1.
We arrived back at 8.30ish to a bitterly cold, frosty Newcastle.I think the others will agree that a really good day was had by all.I felt that I had laughed and chatted the whole day!!!

Today I have been catching up with housey chores but took time out to finish a little project:
I made a bee skep scissor keeper for my giveaway and collected a few bee and honey orientated goodies to go with it, when I was in Liberty's last week. I saw this cute needlepoint pincushion kit and must still be in the bumble bee mindset. Throughout the years I have dabbled in most crafts and needlepoint is no exception but I havent done any for about 7 years since a Kaffe Fassett cushion nearly finished me off. I took this to work with me last week and picked it up in my lunch break and really, really enjoyed doing it.



I have made it up into the pincushion which is slightly rhombus rather than rectangle shape but as usual I was a bit impatient to complete it.

Incidently I have had an offer accepted on a great house, so the next few months will be pretty busy.

5 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Glad to hear you had a good time in Harrogate Helen. I must plan better and go there next year! Good luck with the house. Lucy x

Knot Garden said...

Sounds like you had a greast time in Harrogate. I went on the Thursday and I thought it was very good. I didn't buy much, just a couple of books, but I enjoyed it. Of course I wish I'd bought more now!
Good news about the house.

Amanda said...

Glad you all had a good time, Mom looks great in the photo. Wish I had been with you all to see the knitting stuff. Get well soon Dawn!!

AC said...

Sounds as if you had a great day in Harrogate. I love the the bee needlepoint and good luck with the house.
Take care,
Alison

the happy quilter said...

I was worried about you when there were no posts, pleased to hear you are back online. Great news about the house too. I missed you all on Friday, glad to hear you all had a good time.