Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Friday 30 November 2007

~*~ Christmas Wreath ~*~



On Wednesday evening I made this Christmas wreath. The class was held in a beautiful old farmhouse in Hexhamshire.
The circular oasis was covered, first of all, with evergeens and then holly and ivy were added. Finally once all the oasis was covered, I added all the lovely dried bits and pieces.
I used rosemary, purple sage, dried poppies, marjoram, honesty, hawthorn berries and teasels.
The wreath was then soaked for 12hrs and should last until after Christmas.

6 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

That's lovely Helen. I love the fact that you have included all those herbs in it. lucy x

Angie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL wreath!! I agree with Lucy---love that you used herbs in it! :>

Knot Garden said...

That's really lovely and I bet it smells nice as well, with those herbs in it:)

AC said...

That is just gorgeous!
One of the best parts of Christmas...making all the decorations:-)
Take care,
Alison x

The Crafts House said...

its really lovely and I bet smells wonderful
Sandra

the happy quilter said...

Very seasonal, much nicer to make your own than to buy one. the herbs should give it a lovely smell too. Hope you are feeling better. We missed you yesterday.