Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Friday 3 August 2007

~*~Quilt Shop Chick Swap~*~



At 9 o'clock this morning I received a phone call from Margaret,2 of the eggs had hatched ( 1 day early ).The incubator obviously works ok !
Margaret brought the day old chicks to the Fat Quarters this afternoon, snug, safe and warm in her peg basket covered with a protective tea towel!!
Kim, of the Fat Quarters, took quite a shine to 1 little girl, Could she be the new shop mascot.
I drove them home and introduced them to my hen who already has chicks ( old post ), apparently hens can't count as she just snuggled the 2 newcomers in. Fingers crossed that she successfully adopts them.
Margaret and I are hopeful that some more may hatch , will keep you posted.
Managed to do a lot of hand quilting, bought some flannel fabric and some machine quilting gloves!!
Dawn, we all missed you !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd notice if you tried to smuggle any more teenagers into my house!